Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Politics Not For Businessmen?

Recently, there are concerns about businessmen become government officials. The critics argue that the country should not be managed by "saudagar" (businessman, enterpreneur). I disagree. I agree that government officials should not mix business with politics -- in fact they should give up their role in business once they are active in the administration. But, saying that enterpreneurship should not become an approach in the government is wrong. In the contrary, I would like to see more enterpreneurship in the administration. For I believe, the lack of enterpreneurship is one of the reasons why the government is lame. Yes, there are some "saudagars" in the administration. But are they the "right" saudagars? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment